As a Senior Lawyer within the Sophie Grace team and fluent in Mandarin, Melody assists both our English and Chinese-speaking clients in relation to the preparation, review and negotiation of legal agreements and disclosure documentation, with a particular focus on the CFD industry and wholesale funds. Melody is responsible for a broad network of Australian and international clients who are looking to either purchase or sell their AFS or credit licences and manages this process on their behalf. Melody also assists Chinese-speaking clients in relation to their AFS and credit licensing and compliance needs.
Having worked at Sophie Grace since 2015, Melody is an experienced member of the team, and is responsible for managing a range of matters and working collaboratively with our Director on more complex legal projects. Melody’s extensive knowledge of the financial services and credit industries enables her to impart invaluable expertise to her colleagues.
- Contributor for Regulation Asia;
- A member of the judging panel for the Women in Finance Awards since 2019;
- A member of the judging panel for the accountantsdaily Accounting Awards in 2018 and 2019;
- Published articles with Lexis Nexis and Australian Lawyers Alliance;
- Speaker at Finance Magnates Roundtable Conference in Hong Kong in 2017; and
- Speaker at Finance Magnates London Summit 2018.
Melody has a Bachelor of Actuarial Studies and a Bachelor of Laws from the Australian National University. She is admitted as a solicitor in NSW. Melody is currently completing a Master of Laws (LLM) with the University of Melbourne.